BancCentral donates $25,000 to Cherokee Strip Museum Board
April 26, 2017
BancCentral has donate $25,000 to the Cherokee Strip Museum Board for the restoration and relocation of the historic Cedar Grove Wesleyan Church.
Cedar Grove Wesleyan Church was built in 1930 and held its first service on Feb. 22, 1931. Its original name was Mt. Olive Wesleyan Church located eight miles northwest of Alva. The church's final resting place will sit at the Cherokee Strip Museum in Alva.
The museum plans to restore the church to its original condition and provide a background of nostalgic memories of simpler times for weddings, ceremonies and events. In addition, the museum wi...