Alva Review-Courier -

Jackson home burns in Saturday night fire

 

Lynn L. Martin

Alva firefighters string hose into the Jackson home at 1329 Choctaw Saturday night. The fire was discovered just before midnight. The three occupants excaped without injury.

Saturday morning, Kevin and Shelly Jackson celebrated the eighth-grade promotion of daughter Haley at the Alva High School Auditorium. However, after that happy start the day ended with near tragedy.

According to Deanna Jackson, Kevin's mother, Haley awoke just before midnight to find a haze in her bedroom. When she got up to investigate, she saw flames and roused her parents. They quickly got out of the house and called for help.

The Alva Fire Department received the call at 11:55 p.m. and arrived at 1329 Choctaw five minutes later. Fire Chief Kirk Trekell says there was a large amount of...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020