Alva Review-Courier -

Electrical problem blamed in death of more than 500 pigs

 

September 3, 2017



DWIGHT, Kan. (AP) — Authorities in northeast Kansas say an electrical malfunction is the likely cause of a fire that killed more than 500 pigs inside a barn.

KSNT-TV reports that the fire broke out Saturday night on a barn owned by F&R Swine of rural Dwight, Kansas. The $200,000 barn was destroyed, and 518 pigs valued at $30,000 died in the blaze.

Employees of the state of Kansas will help the farm dispose of the pigs.

___

Information from: KSNT-TV.

...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021