Family of girl who died after being shocked settles suit
September 15, 2017
SALINA, Kan. (AP) — Salina has settled a civil lawsuit with a family whose 12-year-old daughter died several months after being shocked while playing in a rainstorm.
The amount of the settlement with Jaymie Hicks and Jonni Cullison wasn't disclosed, The Salina Journal reports. The couple's daughter, Jayden, was 11 in May 2013 when she slipped in a puddle and fell onto an in-ground junction box at the entrance to a plaza in downtown Salina. The box had been installed without a grounding wire and contained damaged wires.
Jayden underwent months of hospitalization and rehabilitation before s...