Alva Review-Courier -

Autopsy: Tom Petty died of accidental drug overdose

 

January 19, 2018



LOS ANGELES (AP) — Tom Petty's family says his death last year was due to an accidental drug overdose.

His wife and daughter released the results of Petty's autopsy via a statement Friday on his Facebook page. Dana and Adria Petty say they got the results from the coroner's office earlier in the day that the overdose was due to a variety of medications.

The statement was posted moments before the Los Angeles coroner's office issued its official findings, which confirmed that Petty had a variety of medications, including fentanyl and oxycodone, in his system.

Petty suffered from emphysema,...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021