Alva Review-Courier -

Kansas man sues vape shop for e-cigarette battery explosion


February 28, 2018

WICHITA, Kan. (AP) — A man is suing a Wichita vaping shop after he says a spare battery for his e-cigarette exploded in his pants pocket.

Daniel Anderson filed a lawsuit Feb. 6 in Sedgwick County against Big E's Vapor Shop, the Wichita Eagle reported .

Anderson was carrying the lithium ion battery, his car keys and coins in his pants pocket in February 2016, according to the lawsuit. The touching metal items caused a short to the outside of the battery, which then overheated and exploded.

The suit stated that Anderson had chemical and thermal burns to his left leg and hands from the explo...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Our Family of Publications Includes:


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023