Alva Review-Courier -

By JAMES NEAL
Enid News & Eagle 

Former Enid hospital nuns committed to loving and serving

 


ENID, Okla. (AP) — In Enid's not-too-distant past, a trip to the hospital could be as much a spiritual journey as a physical one, with nurses equally ready to tend to matters of medicine and faith.

St. Mary's Regional Medical Center, originally founded in 1915 as Enid Spring Sanatorium and Baths, was purchased in 1937 by the Adorers of the Blood of Christ of Wichita, Kan., an order of Catholic nuns. The nuns, who also were trained and registered as nurses, remained at St. Mary's through several changes of ownership, beginning in 1984, until 2009.

The News & Eagle recently sat down at the...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019