Alva Review-Courier -

Police: Fire at Kansas college started by boiling candle

 

November 24, 2019



GARDEN CITY, Kan. (AP) — Police say a fire at a Kansas community college apartment started by boiling a candle.

The Wichita Eagle reports emergency responders were called at around 7 p.m. Sunday to an apartment fire on the campus of the Garden City Community College.

Police say firefighters extinguished the flames in a kitchen area after college staff had been unable to put it out.

The investigation found the resident had boiled a candle in a pot of water on the stove, which caught fire to the stove and surrounding area. The resident forgot the candle was on the stove when he left the apa...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019