Woods County Excise Board approves budgets
September 18, 2020
The Woods County Excise Board met Wednesday, Sept. 16, at 8:30 a.m. Chairman Bob Seivert was unable to attend so Chris Olson chaired the meeting. Board member Joe Shirley was also present, making a quorum for the three-member board.
Minutes of the special meeting Aug. 12 were approved as well as these monthly appropriations:
District #1 Highway Cash $94,941.50
District #2 Highway Cash $95,227.62
District #3 Highway Cash $95,091.39
District #1 CBRI Fund-105 $16,398.59
District #2 CBRI Fund-105 $16,398.60
District #3 CBRI Fund-105 $16,398.60
Enhanced 911 $19,437.21
Assessor’s Fee $150.00
County Clerk’s Lien Fee $1,109.19
County Clerk’s Preservation Fee $2,190.00
Treasurer’s Resale $3,151.70
Sheriff’s Service Fee CHS $7,392.79
Mortgage Tax $155.00
Sheriff Drug Task Force $49.00
Court Clerk Salary $4,253.82
Court Clerk RM & P $409.00
County Clerk Shelley Reed said the state auditors found an error in 2017 with the books showing funds deposited in the wrong account by the treasurer’s office. The board members approved transferring $2,223.26 from General to Cities and Towns to correct the error.
A transfer of appropriations from Highway District 1 and Highway District 2 to personal services for each of the two districts in the amount of $20,095.88 was acknowledged. Reed explained these are new funds from the state that go into a new account, CIRB. The auditors want it tracked. Commissioners David Hamil and Randy McMurphy want to use those funds to pay their district employees while Commissioner John Smiley elected to leave his district’s funds in the CIRB account.
The board members approved a number of FY 2020-2021 estimate of needs and budgets, voting separately on each. Those approved were:
• Woods County totals $13,481,116.42. Woods County Assessor Renetta Benson also presented the final revaluation for the county which was approved.
• Woods County Health Department totals $1,053,851.17.
• Northwest Tech Center totals $12,322,675.35 general fund and $4,997,517.16 building fund.
• Alva Public Schools totals $15,658,939.42 general fund, $3,928,580.26 building fund and $662,605.43 child nutrition fund.
• Freedom Public Schools total $1,802,821.64 general fund, $266,822.06 building fund and $15,743.62 child nutrition fund.
• Town of Dacoma totals $412,267.58
The board plans to hold a special meeting next week to finalize the remaining two budgets, Waynoka Public School and Town of Freedom, which weren’t ready for this meeting.
The board approved the 14 days of county holidays for 2021. They also approved the dates for the excise board and equalization board meetings to be held on the third Wednesday of each month at 8:30 a.m. in 2021.
With no further business, the meeting was adjourned.