Applications open for OKDHS Energy Crisis Assistance Program


March 18, 2021

OKLAHOMA CITY – Beginning March 16, Oklahoma Human Services (OKDHS) began accepting online applications for the Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Energy Crisis Assistance Program (ECAP) at


• Households that have received a 72-hour cut-off notice at the time of application, or an active cut-off order from their utility provider

• Written notice from their utility provider for new service establishment or service restoration with minimum requirement security deposit, carryover debt or other fees

• Written notice from their utility provider for refusing to deliver additional fuel without a minimum requirement payment

• Apply online at

Tribal Members

Households with a member who is Native American can apply for LIHEAP ECAP online at or with their tribe. Households cannot receive assistance from both OKDHS and a tribe during the same federal fiscal year.

ECAP Payment

Only one annual payment per household is allowed for LIHEAP ECAP.

Household Definition

"Household" is defined as individuals living "under the same roof" with one utility meter.

Maximum Monthly Income Guidelines

Below are Size of Household and Allowable Monthly Gross Income:

1 $ 1,383

2 $ 1,868

3 $ 2,353

4 $ 2,839

5 $ 3,324

6 $ 3,809

7 $ 4,295

8 $ 4,780

Persons applying should have the most recent utility bill information for their home, their ID, social security number and verification of income. For additional information and to apply for LIHEAP/ECAP, visit


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021