Alva Review-Courier -

Fatal house explosion in Holton caused by propane leak

 


HOLTON, Kan. (AP) — A propane leak is believed to be the cause of a home explosion that killed a man and seriously injured his wife in rural Holton last week.

Jackson Co. Sheriff Tim Morse said Monday a great deal of propane from a nearby tank leaked into the home of Billy "Lu" Griffiths and his wife, Teri, on May 10. It is unclear what sparked the gas but Morse said the explosion is not believed to be a criminal act, WIBW-TV reported.

Billy Griffiths, 61, died in the explosion and his wife was flown to a Kansas City hospital with serious injuries.

The home was a complete loss in an expl...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021