Man acquitted in granddaughter's carbon monoxide death
December 5, 2021
TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — A Kansas man has been acquitted of first-degree murder in the death of his 4-year-old granddaughter from carbon monoxide poisoning.
A Shawnee County District Court jury on Friday acquitted Timothy Wayne Funk, 58, of murder and two counts of aggravated endangering a child.
He was charged after his granddaughter, Brandy Funk, of Beatrice, Nebraska, died at his Silver Lake home on July 23, 2019, The Topeka Capital-Journal reported. Another granddaughter in the home survived.
Court documents show Funk acknowledged he left a generator running in the house's garage with it...