Skaggs family 'shocked' over possible Angels link to death

 

August 30, 2019



ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) — The family of Los Angeles Angels pitcher Tyler Skaggs says it was startled to learn that a club employee "may" be part of the investigation into the 27-year-old's death from an accidental drug overdose.

A Texas coroner said in a report made public Friday that Skaggs died after choking on his vomit with a toxic mix of alcohol and the powerful painkillers fentanyl and oxycodone in his system.

Skaggs was found dead in his hotel room in the Dallas area July 1 before the start of what was supposed to be a four-game series against the Texas Rangers. The first game was po...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020