Alva Review-Courier -

Furloughed federal workers can seek unemployment benefits


January 18, 2019

TOPEKA, Kan. (AP) — The Kansas Department of Labor is recommending that federal employees who are furloughed because of the partial government shutdown should apply for unemployment benefits.

The department said in a news release Thursday that unemployment insurance was created to help people who are not working through no fault of their own.

Federal employees in Kansas can apply for benefits by calling a contact center at 1-800-292-6333.

Applicants will need to provide wage verification, such as pay stubs or W-2 forms.

Federal employees who are working full time but not being paid are no...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments(0)


Our Family of Publications Includes:


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2023