3 US Marines died of carbon monoxide poisoning in a car. Vehicle experts explain how that can happen
August 2, 2023
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) — The seemingly accidental deaths of three U.S. Marines who suffered carbon monoxide poisoning in a parked car at a North Carolina gas station have raised questions about how the situation could have occurred outdoors.
Deputies from the Pender County Sheriff's Office had found the men unresponsive in a privately owned Lexus sedan in the coastal community of Hampstead. Autopsies performed last week by the North Carolina medical examiner's office determined that all three died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Sgt. Chester Ward from the sheriff's office said the ongoing inves...