Alva Review-Courier -

Coffeetime My bed was already on fire

 

August 30, 2020



A book title, “It Was On Fire When I Laid Down On It” caught my eye a few years ago. Curiosity being what it is, I looked up the story behind that title. True story. A small local fire department was called to put out a house fire. They also found and rescued a man trapped inside. Some days after his rescue, it was determined that the fire had begun with the mattress where he was found. Later, the local media asked the man about the cause of the blaze.

Quote, “I don’t know, it was on fire when I laid down on it.”

What?! He knew the bed was smoldering, yet he laid his body down a...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.



 

Reader Comments
(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2020

Rendered 09/30/2020 08:39