Alva Review-Courier -

Committee established to honor Northwestern's Unsung Heroes

 

December 5, 2021

Construction of The Castle on the Hill, Northwestern's first academic building, started in March 1898 and was completed in time for classes in fall 1899. The building was destroyed by fire on March 1, 1935.

Sarah Bosworth, Mary DeLisle, S.L. Johnson, H. Clay and Edith McGrath, D.P. Marum, and George Vickers.

These seven names may not be known to even the most well-versed in Alva's history, but without these individuals from the past, Northwestern Oklahoma State University likely would never have been established in 1897 or continued to provide the quality education it has for nearly 125 years.

University President Dr. Janet Cunningham and John Barton, associate professor of speech emeritus/dean emeritus of Northwestern and long-time Alva resident, have set out to remedy this historical oversig...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Our Family of Publications Includes:

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021